Nausea is one of the most frequent complaints of patients to the treating doctor. This unpleasant sensation has a painful character and arises in the region of the pharynx and pitaneous fossa. Most often, nausea occurs in a pair with vomiting and occurs with various diseases, among which one can distinguish:
- lesions of the gastrointestinal tract;
- consequences of surgical treatment;
- side effects of certain drugs;
- intoxication of various genesis;
- motion sickness;
- brain trauma and nervous system diseases;
What processes occur during nausea?
Nausea is accompanied by a number of the following changes in the body:
- a decrease in the tone of the stomach;
- an increase in the tone of the duodenum and part of the small intestine (proximal parts);
- throwing the contents of the duodenum into the stomach (duodenogastric reflux);
- retardation or complete absence of peristalsis.
Nausea, information from Wikipedia
Nausea is a sensation of unease and discomfort in the upper stomach with an involuntary urge to vomit. It may precede vomiting, but a person can have nausea without vomiting. When prolonged, it is a debilitating symptom.
What are the drugs for nausea?
There is an area of medicine for emetology, it studies the nausea and the mechanisms that cause it. This is necessary for the development of agents that lead to improved peristalsis and have an antiemetic effect. These drugs are widely used among patients with oncological, infectious and other diseases, accompanied by severe and prolonged nausea, as this can endanger the lives of patients. Depending on the patient’s condition, both drugs for the treatment of the underlying disease and medications for symptomatic treatment are prescribed. One such medication is Motilium based on dompiridone. Unlike agents with a similar effect, Motilium does not affect the processes in the brain of adults, so it does not cause adverse reactions from the motor system. An exception is the children’s age. The drug is dispensed without a doctor’s prescription and can be purchased online.
What negative consequences can develop with treatment with Motilium?
Motilium is safe for most patients, however in some cases it can cause:
- an increase in the synthesis of prolactin followed by swelling of the breast and the release of milk from it;
- irritable bowel syndrome;
- neurological disorders in children;
If any undesirable reaction occurs, follow to consult a specialist.